Terms & conditions
Walter James Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”) operates the www.walter-james.com web site (the “site”) to provide online access to information regarding products and services available from us (the “service”).
Interruptions and omissions in service
Whilst we try to ensure the standard of the site remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the internet is not an inherently stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. We do not accept any liability arising from any such errors, omissions, interruptions or delays or any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate the site (or any part of it) or to provide the service offered on the site.
Third Party Links
On the site you may be offered automatic links to other sites which may be of interest to you. We do not accept any responsibility for or liability in respect of the content of those sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any connection, commercial or otherwise, with us. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any such web sites and that we do not endorse or warrant, and are not responsible or liable for, any such web site or the content thereon.
Information on the site
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on the site is accurate and complete, some of the information is supplied to us by third parties and we are not able to check the accuracy or completeness of that information. We do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on the site or any liability in respect of information on the site supplied by you, any other site user or any other person.
Your use of the site
You may use the site, the service and the content solely for your personal, non- commercial use. You must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the site or any information submitted to or available through it. In particular, but without limitation, you must not seek to access, alter or delete any information to which you do not have authorised access, seek to overload the system via spamming or flooding, take any action or use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of the site or attempt to decipher, disassemble or modify any of the software, coding or information comprised in the site.
You are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to the site. You are responsible for ensuring that all information supplied by you is true, accurate, up-to-date and not misleading or likely to mislead or deceive and that it is not discriminatory, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal, unlawful or in breach of any applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines or codes of practice or the copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any person in any jurisdiction. You are also responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted to the site. We reserve the right to remove any information supplied by you from the site at our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without being required to give any explanation.
If you are dissatisfied with the site, the service, the content, or with the terms and conditions, you should discontinue using the site. You acknowledge, by your use of the site, that such use is at your own risk.
The rights in material on the site are protected by international copyright, software and trademark laws and you agree to use the site in a way which does not infringe these rights. You may copy material on the site for your own private or domestic purposes, but no copying for any commercial or business use is permitted.
We do not accept any liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of the site and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. We hereby exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to the site and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of the site.
You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of the site.
Choice of law and jurisdiction
The use of this website and any agreements entered into through this website are to be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any agreement made through this website.
Changes to terms and conditions and invalidity
These website terms and conditions may be changed by us at any time. You will be deemed to accept the terms and conditions (as amended) when you next use the site following any amendment.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
To view our private policy, please click here
Walter James Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.walter-james.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Walter James Ltd of 3rd Floor, 60 Sloane Avenue, London SW3 3DD.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you visit our website, we may collect two types of information from you: 1. personal information about you that you voluntarily choose to disclose to us, and 2. information related to your activities on the website that we automatically collect as you interact with the website.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.walter-james.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information all information that you provide whilst using the website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description, employment history and photographs.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including [the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,] [your login information,] [browser type and version,] [time zone setting,] [browser plug-in types and versions,] [operating system and platform,].I
- Information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL),] [clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time),] [page response times,] [download errors,] [length of visits to certain pages,] [page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),] [methods used to browse away from the page,].
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our determinations and analysis and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to develop a confidential user profile for you, which will be used to facilitate your use of the website. Additionally, we may keep a record of all communications with you;
- to add any personal information that you submit via the “submit cv” form to our database.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- potential employers and any other third parties.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Walter James Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To prospective employers, and other third parties for employment-search related purposes or for use in connection with matters relating to your use of the website.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Resourcing Capital Ventures Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We have no control over these third parties’ use of your personal information, and such use is not necessarily subject to this policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to prospective employers or any other third parties, you should not submit personal information on the website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To ensure your experience on our website is as relevant as possible you will need to accept cookies. Our cookies do not store sensitive information such as your name or address they simply inform us of your past and current browsing behaviour i.e. what country you were last looking at, what browser you use and how many times you visit the site. If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Third party cookies
How to turn cookies off using your browser
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer we won’t be able to customise your web experience on our website. If you wish to turn cookies off in your browser please consult your browser information.
Further information about cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies and managing them www.aboutcookies.org.